Available immediately: Alpha International Senior Developer
Full-time position (New Westminster, BC)
Application deadline: August 15, 2018
Alpha International is a global non-profit organization that exists to serve and equip the local church in its mission to help people discover and develop a relationship with God. Originally based in London, U.K., Alpha International has recently opened up a new office in New Westminster in partnership with Alpha Canada.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join Alpha International’s Digital Team to be responsible for hands-on development across Alpha International globally, initially with a focus on our web/mobile applications and Salesforce. Our current iteration of Alpha Builder is at 57,000+ users, and over the next two years we expect it to grow to approximately 250,000 users, so we need someone who can implement and work alongside the Digital Project Manager to iterate and test new features and improvements to all of our digital products.
Expertise / Experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience of digital product or programming
- WordPress and Angular are an asset (we also use Polymer and NativeScript)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce (or similar CRM system)
- Ability to work rapidly, consistently and proactively to a high standard of performance to deadlines
- Knowledge and experience with Agile methodology
- Comfortable with frequent change which may occur in a creative environment
- Working flexibly and collaboratively with team members to deliver shared goals
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Confidence and maturity to deal with people at different levels, both internally and externally
- Self starter
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to grasp business requirements and deliver a technical solution to them
- High attention to details
- Ideally have used JIRA, Trello or equivalent project management application
Responsibilities (what you get to do):
- Implement small-scale development changes across key digital products
- Responsibility for final QA and sign-off for all deployments to staging environments, and production sites
- Develop MVP (minimum viable products) alongside the Digital Project Manager to test new ideas about how to provide better tools and support to Alpha courses globally
- Support regional and national offices with training on Salesforce, as well as best practices and data structures
- Code maintenance of all digital platforms and front-end development work for all new features
- Liaising with external providers and vendors to deliver digital projects
Salary is competitive within the non-profit sector of our size, and commensurate with experience. We also have an extended medical and dental benefits package.
How to apply:
We are looking for the most passionate, driven person to join our team because we believe our work has eternal significance.
By August 15th, 2018, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to the following address noting:
Re: Application – Alpha International Senior Developer
Alpha Ministries Canada
100 – 26 Fourth St.
New Westminster, BC
See our website alphacanada.org for more information about Alpha Ministries Canada — no phone calls please.