Full-time position (New Westminster, BC)
Alpha Ministries Canada, a national non-profit Christian organization, has a mission to serve and support the Church in Canada and around the world as they reach their communities with the good news of Jesus. Alpha is an opportunity to help people discover the love of Jesus.
If you are looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to utilize your accounting and financial acumen for a greater purpose, we are looking for you. As a Senior Accountant, you will report to the CFO and be part of a dynamic team where your skills will be used to contribute to our reputable high level of stewardship and accountability.
We are a team, and as such, we get to encourage and support each other to perform at our best as we care for the Church and a variety of constituents.
To be a candidate for this role, you will possess your CPA from Canada and at least two years’ experience in fund accounting or similar financial department. You will also need to be up to date in your CPD requirements. You will be skilled with accounting software, CRM and MS office programs. French written and verbal skills are an asset.
We seek a leader who is well organized, self-motivated, and driven for excellence—an individual who is comfortable working with deadlines and a fast-paced team environment. He or she will have the ability to prioritize and coordinate an array of tasks within the financial department. This opportunity is for the person who desires to bring hope and confidence to his or her team and the Church in Canada.
Responsibilities (what you get to do):
- Be an essential part of the finance team
- Manage and direct staff and the work of a variety of financial instruments
- Self-direct for optimal workflow process
- Develop and innovate with new financial solutions
- Ensure organization tax-compliant requirements are ready and prepared
- Provide timely financial reporting
- Oversee daily financial records and accounting to be accurate, maintained and presented in a professional manner
- Payroll prep and processing
- Safeguard internal controls
- Participate in the growth and maturity of a progressive non-profit organization
- Train staff in new systems
We believe in supporting this work with reliable, informative and excellent financial service.
Salary is competitive within the non-profit sector of our size, and commensurate with experience. Benefits package included.
How to apply:
By July 26, 2019 please email a cover letter, resume and your references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the following address noting:
Re: Application – Senior Accountant
Alpha Ministries Canada
Attention: HR Manager
26 Fourth St.
New Westminster, BC
See our website alphacanada.org for more information about Alpha Ministries Canada — no phone calls please.