Head of Digital Development
Full-time position (New Westminster, BC)
Alpha International is a global non-profit organization that exists to serve and equip the local church in its mission to help people discover and develop a relationship with God. Originally based in London, U.K., Alpha International has an office in New Westminster in partnership with Alpha Canada.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join Alpha International’s Digital Team to be responsible for digital & technical implementation, and the shaping of our digital product strategy across Alpha International globally, initially with a focus on our web and mobile applications. Our current iteration of Alpha Builder is at 135,000+ users, and over the next two years we expect it to grow to approximately 250,000 users, so we need someone who can manage the implementation strategy of our development across all of our applications and sites.
This is a senior-level role with the expectation that it is shaping the way our digital products (MyAlpha, in particular) are designed and developed, and helping to shape the direction of our digital products, particularly from a technical standpoint.
This role would be the bridge between user strategy and technical development, getting their hands dirty both with design-thinking and user research, and hands-on development. The workload will require someone who can balance ~30-40% product strategy, coaching and mentoring, 60-70% hands-on implementation. We have a complex user journey with multiple audiences and expanding fast to serve the church more effectively. The appointed candidate would ideally be bringing:
- At least 3-5 years experience with front-end development
- Is a strategic problem solver, and can help shape product strategy
- Exceptional problem solving skills (ie. Designing and implementing solutions to solve the needs of the user)
- Confidence and maturity to deal with people at different levels, both internally and externally
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Responsibilities (what you get to do)
- Translate the technical requirements from user research, and define the technical implementation
- Manage all UX/UI design and Front-End Development
- Work with our design language and branding to apply across all products
- Collaborate and lead closely on product strategy with our Head of Digital Strategy
- Oversee the design of all new features and changes for our apps
- Oversee our Junior Programmer, and any future junior developers, coaching and mentoring them
Salary is competitive within the non-profit sector of our size, and commensurate with experience. Benefits package included.
How to apply
By October 31, 2019 please e-mail a cover letter, resume, a list of references and a sample of code (ie. Github Repositories) and/or some design samples to Jon Lee (HR Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org, noting:
Re: Application – Head of Digital Development
Alpha Ministries Canada
Attention: HR Manager
26 Fourth St.
New Westminster, BC
See our website alphacanada.org for more information about Alpha Ministries Canada — no phone calls please.