Director of Philanthropy
Full-time position (Greater Toronto Area or Metro Vancouver)
Alpha Ministries Canada, a national Christian non-profit organization seeks an experienced, driven, personable, development professional who thrives on challenges, genuinely loves people and is excited about resource development. We’re an organization that is engaged with each other and the church in Canada by making a big deal about Jesus, following hard after what He is doing and making sure we have fun doing it. We will encourage you to do what you love and to excel at it while working in a high achieving collaborative environment.
This is an opportunity for you to represent Alpha Canada as our premier voice with our key donors, lead our Donor Development department and direct growing and cultivating financial pipelines across Canada. We want you to be a part of the strategic and prayer leadership of this organization. At the core of the role, you have a deep calling from God for partnership development and you will be always looking for new ideas that effectively communicate the ministries vision.
Accountable to the National Director, the Director of Philanthropy is responsible for the creation, implementation and execution of the resource development strategic plan. You will also listen and display joy, positive energy and encouragement to both the staff and to donors who want to promote evangelism to the whole church in Canada.
The best fit for this role will possess a post-secondary degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related program and having a Fundraising Management Certificate or be a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE).
You will need a minimum of 8 years of fundraising experience with a proven ability to develop, grow and expand a donor base and operational practices for a development
department and its function in a non-profit environment.
Minimum of 2 years management experience bringing leadership ability to be winsome, attentive, strategic and display a high level of professionalism
will qualify you for this position. Alpha experience of 2 years or more at the church level is preferred.
Responsibilities (what you get to do)
- Engage in travel across the country to build key donor relationships and create new opportunities for growing the support base (as agreed upon with the National Director)
- Tells the Alpha story of transformation in creative and inspiring ways internally and externally
- As a part of our leadership team of Alpha Canada, provide an objective assessment of Alpha Ministries Canada strengths and vulnerabilities in fundraising
- Develop, recommend and implement philanthropy resource strategies, programs, goals and a multi-year work plan that reflects and supports national strategic objectives
- Lead and manage priorities for the fund development function team including timely recognition of donors and timelines for various fundraising activities to ensuring alignment of strategic plans and critical fundraising policies and processes
- Collaborates with the communications department to set donor strategy and a comprehensive communication plan which promotes Alpha to its donors and maximizes public awareness of fundraising activities
- Provide quarterly reports on fundraising activities for the purposes of presentation to the Board through the Finance Committee
- Collaboratively maintain the database (Salesforce) with current and relevant data and notes to be able to determine what metrics should be gathered and presented for analysis
Salary is competitive within the non-profit sector of our size, and commensurate with experience. Benefits package included.
How to apply
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume and your references to Jon Lee (HR Manager) at email@example.com, noting:
Re: Application – Director of Philanthropy
See our website alphacanada.org for more information about Alpha Ministries Canada — no phone calls please.