Full-time position (Anywhere in Canada)
We are building our in-house software engineering team, from the ground up to serve our global operations, and we are looking for an experienced Full-Stack Developer to both maintain and contribute to the development of our key products. With over 1,000,000 people taking Alpha every year and over 135,000+ active users and growing, that’s no small feat. You’ll be getting in at the ground up, providing a unique opportunity to heavily contribute to the team.
Day-to-day, you’d be working in our development team, reporting to the Head of Digital Development. You’d get to contribute code to new products, features and fixing bugs in existing products. The digital team’s goal is to help best equip and serve the local church across the globe in its mission to help people discover and develop a relationship with Jesus.
Alpha International is a global non-profit organization that exists to serve and equip the local church in its mission to help people discover and develop a relationship with God. Originally based in London, U.K., Alpha International has an office in New Westminster in partnership with Alpha Canada.
Sound meaningful and rewarding?
What we’d love to see
- At least 2 years of hands-on, professional development experience
- You live and can work in Canada, either remotely or in office at our New Westminster location
- A good grasp of common programming paradigms and design patterns
- A strong understanding of working from the database to the browser. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything, but should command expertise in at least one discipline
- Comfortable with the command line
- Have professional experience with modern front-end frameworks
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Have a working knowledge of unit testing frameworks in JS and PHP
- You’ve worked closely with designers to launch fully operational, high quality interfaces
- Willingness to learn more – including new languages if a project requires it
- You can solve problems independently, and feel comfortable explaining solutions to other developers – before you touch a keyboard
- Independent: You’re happy working independently when you have what you need
- Collaborative: Confident working collaboratively. You understand the need for defined standards and practices and have no problem adhering to them
- Creative: You care about how a product looks and responds for the user. Not just how the code is formatted (although that’s important too!)
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledge of AWS services or other cloud architectures
- Mobile development experience
- Linux OS
- Flexible work environment. Work remote or in-office
- Supportive, diverse, faith-filled work environment
- Work that really makes a difference
- A competitive benefits and salary package
- A true understanding of the SDLC. We prefer a quality product over deadlines and fast to-market solutions
- Yearly personal development budget (courses, seminars, workshops etc)
- The tools you need to get your job done well
- A fun yearly retreat
What would be a bonus:
What to expect from us:
How to apply
If you have a passion for the local church and want to utilize your gifts towards building the kingdom, please email a cover letter, resume and your references to Jon Lee (HR Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org, noting:
Re: Application – Full-Stack Developer
See our website alphacanada.org for more information about Alpha Ministries Canada — no phone calls please.