Donor Development Assistant
Full-time position (Vancouver, BC)
Alpha Ministries Canada, a national Christian non-profit organization with an office in New Westminster, BC, seeks an experienced, organized, personable self-starter who loves administration and fund development. We’re an organization that is engaged with each other and church in Canada by making a big deal about Jesus and having fun doing it. We will encourage you to do what you love and to be good at it.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to represent Alpha Canada at the front lines with our Donor Development department at our National office, and to assist our Director of Philanthropy in growing and cultivating our financial pipelines across Canada. At the core of the Donor Development Assistant role, this person will have a deep calling from God for partnership development, thrive under structure, look for new ideas, effectively communicate, and will display joy, positive energy and encouragement to both the staff and to donors who need assistance.
The best fit for this role will possess a post-secondary degree or Business diploma to include communications, advanced Word, Excel or have some other database knowledge, and ideally a minimum of 2 years in the field of donor development and administration. You will need to have a high level of customer service, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal appropriately with confidential information. Your ability to manage competing priorities within determined timelines, be accurate and pay attention to detail are keys to being successful in this role; an eagerness to learn will be invaluable. We are also looking for someone who can demonstrate the ability to prepare thank you letters, help draft grant applications and other fundraising related documents.
Responsibilities (what you get to do):
- Manage and maintain data integrity
- Work with great people
- Telephone and email communications
- Learn to develop and write compelling cases studies, proposals and donor specific reports
- Assist in preparation of strategic plans for prospect identification, cultivation, recruitment and stewardship of donors in areas of annual giving and special project giving
- Prepare all administrative aspects of donor relations support
- Collaborate with our communications department on donor correspondence, proposals, mailings, and other materials
- Run campaign reports and donor plans using our CRM
- Research and assist in creative problem solving
- Humbly serve, engage, train and pray with our partners
- Be highly relational and communicative with staff
Salary is competitive within the non-profit sector of our size, and commensurate with experience. Benefits package included.
We provide a variety of work experiences that will strengthen, challenge and release your creativity in a confidence-building environment. People like working here.
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume and your references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: Application – Donor Development Assistant
See our website alphacanada.org for more information about Alpha Ministries Canada — no phone calls please.