Marketing and Communications Manager (1 year contract for maternity leave)
Term starting: October 2020
Full Time position, New Westminster, BC
Alpha Ministries Canada, a national Christian non-profit organization, seeks an experienced Marketing and Communications Manager who can lead the organization’s implementation of the tactical and creative output, encouraging effective content for marketing and communications and facilitating visual/brand identity and messaging to the church, our partners and internal teams.
Alpha is a global brand with a large national presence across all of the major Christian denominations. We need someone who understands the execution of brand strategy and can bring marketing innovation as well as to oversee projects.
This opportunity requires a person who has passion and enthusiasm for serving our audience, the local church, and an ability to develop creative ideas make them happen. A minimum of 4 years’ experience communications or marketing is required for success in this fast-paced, hands-on role which helps drive and support the Alpha team in growing our influence across Canada. This opportunity will also include management of a team so some leadership and supervision experience is an asset.
We need someone who understands a breadth of marketing and communication knowledge, skilled project management and brand content marketing. This person must be well organized, proactive, have a keen eye for detail and able to prioritize an array of tasks and demands from staff across the country. In addition, essential to the role is a good understanding of design principles and some design experience. This opportunity is for the person who wants to bring hope and inspiration to his or her team, the church and the public.
- Manage the implementation of the marketing and communications strategy, developed in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Director
- Project management of ongoing marketing and communications initiatives including website, video production, graphic design, Alpha resource creation and email marketing
- Encourage and foster collaboration across departments and act as a liaison between marketing/communications and other departments
- Oversee brand management across various mediums (messaging, design, identity)
- Main liaison with contractors (e.g. graphic designer, videographers)
- Provide support and coaching to team members
Salary is competitive within the not for profit sector of our size, and commensurate with experience. Benefits package included.
How to apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, your references and a portfolio of any communications/marketing work to Jon Lee (HR Manager) at email@example.com, noting:
Re: Application – Marketing and Communications Manager
See our website alphacanada.org for more information about Alpha Ministries Canada — no phone calls please.